Photos and video by Nathalie Cantacuzino
(Vegetables from Ome Farm)
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
2 small beets (about 80g)
2 tbsp olive oil
150g white rice, unwashed
100ml white wine (optional)
2 fennel stalks
800ml boiling water
40g blue cheese, crumbled
40g parmesan cheese, or to taste
salt & pepper, to taste
- Add chopped onion to a blender and blend into a paste.
- Peel the beets and chop into 1cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the blended onion and saute until transluscent.
- Add the rice and saute until the rice turns white.
- Add the beets, fennel stalks and white wine to the rice. Once it comes to the boil, add a ladle of boiling water. Repeat until the water is all used, stirring continuously.
- When the rice is al dente, stir in the blue cheese, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top liberally with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
If you liked this article, please consider supporting APPETITE. Your donation will go towards project costs and paying creatives. One-off donations start from $5 via Buy Me a Coffee.